One-on-One Support, Education & Mentorship Throughout Pregnancy
With the Pregnancy Support & Mentorship package, it is my goal to offer support, education and mentorship to expecting families who desire these aspects of doula support without having a doula present during their labor & birth. I work with you and your partner/support person by providing information and support as you make choices throughout your pregnancy and prepare for your labor & birth. All meetings can be arranged virtually or in person to accommodate your individual needs & preferences.
- All services begin with a complimentary consultation. This gives us a chance to meet up, get to know one another a bit, and discuss your plans and your needs as you prepare for your birth. This initial meeting can take place in the comfort of your own home or at your favorite coffee shop or other location in the Charlottesville area.
- Three prenatal meetings in which we will focus on planning for your birth, discuss your pregnancy along the way, practice comfort measures & tools you and your partner or support person can use in labor as well as create a postpartum care plan for you and your family. It is my goal to help you acquire the information, knowledge and tools that will allow you to move confidently toward the birth of your baby.
- All clients have the option to enroll in upcoming Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class sessions at a discounted rate.
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout your pregnancy.
- One postpartum visit in which we can discuss your birth and any questions or issues you may be having. This visit allows us to make sure your transition to home with your baby is going as smoothly as possible and allow me to provide you and your family with referrals to other resources in the community that may be helpful for you in the early weeks with your little one.
- I’m also available by phone and email for the first six weeks after your birth should any questions or issues arise in that time.
- I would love to set up an additional meeting to help you further draft your birth plan or to give you and your partner more hands-on practice of different comfort measures and relaxation techniques. It is my goal to help you be as prepared as possible so that you can enter into your birth with confidence.
*Sliding Scale Payment Options Available
- Pregnancy Support & Mentorship Services: $610
- Pregnancy Support & Mentorship Services + Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class: $835
- Additional prenatal & postpartum visits are available: $40 per one-hour visit